Greenleaf Apothecaries is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. The Staff Accountant fulfills an integral transaction and reporting function in the Finance division. This role is responsible for the day-to-day A/P functions and expense reporting to meet the financial obligations of the company. Also, will handle Accounts Receivable responsibilities in conjunction with the Director of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Ohio Director of Finance and Regional Controller for processing vendor payments and employee reimbursements.
- Process incoming vendor invoices in third party bill pay system (e.g., MineralTree.com).
- Assist with processing company expense reports.
- Act as go-to person for all staff inquiries regarding Accounts Payable.
- Ensure expense reporting compliance and follow up with staff when necessary.
- Ensure transactions are coded accurately.
- Function as a backup to financial team regarding general accounting tasks and projects.
- Work to drive A/P process improvement.
- Assist the Director of Finance in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies (except Employee Benefits, which are maintained by the HR Department).
- Assist the Director of Finance with bank and other account reconciliations.
- Prepare memos, reports and financial analysis using Word and/or Excel.
- Communications with managers and staff to ensure completion on daily, weekly, and monthly items via phone, email and in person.
- Support for regular inventory and cash balance reconciliation with retail point of sale system.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional environment working with accounts payable.
- Experience working with accounting software such Quickbooks preferred.
- Experience with Abacus, Mineral Tree a plus.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or higher preferred.
- This position is primarily based in an office setting. The work pace for this position is a continual fast pace where work is required for up to 3 hours at a time. Low supervision from managers with intermittent prompts. Social interaction with clients, vendors, and team members required frequently.
- This position requires such physical abilities as sitting for long hours at a time for computer and phone work, lifting up to 20 lbs sometimes and carrying items, standing, and walking throughout the Ohio office buildings.
Job Type: Full-time