ACT Laboratories is the industry leader in cannabis safety compliance testing. Our cannabis testing services are accredited to the ISO 17025 standard, ensuring methods are fully validated and independently reviewed. We provide peace of mind to patients by verifying that their medicine is properly dosed and free of harmful levels of contaminants.
ACT Laboratories is currently seeking a full-time Selection Specialist at our Toledo, OH laboratory.
The position will have a variable work schedule that will include day shift and afternoon shift hours; hours will vary based upon customer need.
The Selection Specialist will collect samples from client locations such as cultivation centers and transport samples to the laboratory in a safe and efficient manner while following state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep inventory of essential items needed to perform sampling procedures
- Maintain sterility of samples and sampling kits
- Inform leadership on emerging compliance and customer issues
- Maintain logs relevant to sample collection and sterilization of equipment
- Inform the Senior Driver / Laboratory Manager when vehicles need maintenance
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with people inside the laboratory and people outside the laboratory including customers, regulatory staff and corporate staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- Some laboratory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding testing and transport of cannabis products preferred
- Knowledge of cannabis industry preferred
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to drive safely to and from client facilities
- Basic knowledge and understanding of seed to sale tracking systems
- Basic understanding of the tests the laboratory performs
- Ability to keep a professional and courteous demeanor in day-to-day operations
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use computers and computer software programs and systems and standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers and fax machines
- Good written and verbal communication skills to convey and receive information effectively (face-to-face, telephone and electronic)
- Good analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding test results
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, prioritize, handle multiple tasks, manage time
ACT Laboratories provides a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan.