ACT Laboratories is the industry leader in cannabis safety compliance testing. Our cannabis testing services are accredited to the ISO 17025 standard, ensuring methods are fully validated and independently reviewed. We provide peace of mind to patients by verifying that their medicine is properly dosed and free of harmful levels of contaminants.
The Laboratory Analyst position is with ACT Laboratories, which is a lab that processes cannabis samples to test for safety and compliance with state law. Collect samples from client locations such as cultivation centers and where applicable, transport samples to the laboratory in a safe and efficient manner while following state regulations.
Pay – $15.00 an hour
Schedule – Monday through Friday 9am-5pm; Flexibility to work over when needed
Benefits – Includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Keep inventory of essential items needed to perform sampling procedures
- Maintain sterility of samples and sampling kits
- Inform leadership on emerging compliance and customer issues
- Maintain logs relevant to sample collection and sterilization of equipment
- Inform the Senior Driver/Laboratory Manager when vehicles need maintenance
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with people inside the laboratory and people outside the laboratory including customers, regulatory staff and corporate staff
- Clean and sanitize the laboratory
- Autoclave tongs
- Perform waste disposal
- Perform inventory of laboratory supplies
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- Some laboratory experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding testing and transport of cannabis products preferred
- Knowledge of cannabis industry
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to drive safely to and from client facilities (not applicable at New York laboratory)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of seed to sale tracking systems
- Basic understanding of the tests the laboratory performs
- Ability to keep a professional and courteous demeanor in day-to-day operations
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
ACT Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.