Job Title: Selection Specialist
Reports To: Selection Specialist Manager
Date: December 28, 2021
Collect and transport sample from client location to laboratory location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect samples from client locations and transport to laboratory in as safe and efficient manner while following state regulations in a company vehicle
- Keep inventory of essential items needed to perform sampling procedures
- Maintain sterility of samples and sampling kits
- Inform leadership on emerging compliance and customer issues
- Maintain logs relevant to sample collection and sterilization of equipment
- Inform the Senior Driver/Laboratory Manager when vehicles need maintenance
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with people inside the laboratory and people outside the laboratory including customers, regulatory staff and corporate staff
- Clean and sanitize the laboratory
- Autoclave tongs
- Perform waste disposal
- Perform inventory of laboratory supplies
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- Some laboratory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws regarding testing and transport of cannabis products preferred
- Knowledge of cannabis industry
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to drive safely to and from client facilities (not applicable at New York laboratory)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of seed to sale tracking systems
- Basic understanding of the tests the laboratory performs
- Ability to keep a professional and courteous demeanor in day-to-day operations
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use computers and computer software programs and systems and standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers and fax machines
- Good written and verbal communication skills to convey and receive information effectively (face-to- face, telephone and electronic)
- Good analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding test results
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, prioritize, handle multiple tasks, manage time
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License required (not applicable at New York laboratory)
Safety Sensitive Position:
Equipment or vehicles used and activities performed by this position that could cause serious injury or death to the operator, other employees and/or other individuals if not used properly or safely:
- Driving a vehicle (not applicable at New York laboratory)
- Working around testing equipment
- Performing waste disposal
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of driving a vehicle and using hands to handle, control a vehicle (not applicable at
New York laboratory)
- Prolonged periods of walking/moving around and standing, talking and hearing and using hands to handle objects
- Occasional periods of stooping/kneeling, bending
- Lifting up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Close vision and ability to focus on computer screens and documents; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee works in a laboratory environment and if applicable travels to client locations throughout the state.
While performing work related duties, the employee occasionally works in elevated places and if applicable, around fumes or airborne particles and must be aware of outdoor weather conditions for the purpose of travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Stressful Conditions in the Work Environment Affecting This Position:
- Challenging work demands include heavy workload/work quantity and quality demands, infrequent rest breaks, and long or unpredictable work hours
- Challenging situations including dealing with difficult customers/employees/vendors
The position is full time requiring varying shifts Monday through Friday to cover business operations.
Work week hours will vary between 40 and 60 hours both in the laboratory and if applicable, traveling to client locations during weekends and holidays.
This job description is intended to describe the essential functions of and requirements for the successful performance of this position. It is not to be interpreted as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements of this position, nor is it intended to limit the authority of any manager to assign and direct the activities of employees under his or her direction.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toledo, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road