We are currently hiring a Full-Time security position at our Middlefield location. You will be required to work coverage shifts, weekend shifts, and help with deliveries to dispensaries around Ohio. If you do not have flexibility then this role may not be for you.
About Greenleaf: Greenleaf is one of the largest vertically integrated operators under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are responsible for the complete product journey from seed to sale to provide affordable medical marijuana products and care to Ohioans. Greenleaf operates it’s Cultivation/Processing operations out of a state-of-the-art facility located in Middlefield. We currently operate five retail dispensaries in Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe. Our locations operate under the nationally acclaimed brand The Botanist. For additional company information, please visit our website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities: The Security Guard monitors the facility parking lot as well as the entrance and departure of members, staff, vendors, contractors, visitors, and any other persons in and out of the dispensary to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor access in and out of the dispensary, helping dispensary staff control access to the facility in accordance with State Rules and Regulations by following a strict check-in process, and actively monitoring physical security around the site
- Greets members in person or on the phone; schedules appointments; oversees member intake and renewal procedures
- Assist dispensary staff with controlling access to facility by ID examination and verification
- Assist dispensary staff in maintaining access logs of all visitors in compliance with state rules and regulations
- Conduct routine patrols and inspections of dispensary and grounds
- Monitor video surveillance system when requested
- In the event of emergency, secure staff, visitors, and building; act as liaison with local police or law enforcement
- Maintain daily written and/or electronic tracking sheets, noting all activity on premises
- Escort staff members or others between vehicles and building as requested
- Document any incidents, accidents, and report them to the General Manager.
*Scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in private or public security, law enforcement, or other governmental security agencies
- Knowledge of computer & office equipment and programs (Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as team member, and independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching
- Able to pass a state mandated background check
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
Mandatory Qualifications: The successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Middlefield, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- You understand that you must be 21 years of age or older per state regulations, as well as complete a BCI/FBI check per state regulations. Please answer Yes or No if you understand and can comply to regulations.
- Security: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations