- Manage all aspects of crop growth in your section on a daily basis. These responsibilities include irrigation, chemical application, growth tracking, disease monitoring, and insect scouting.
- Assist in the execution of our weekly beneficial scouting program. IPM Manager will manage this program. Section growers will be trained to scout crops in an efficient and effect manner.
- Directly report all insect issues to the IPM manager and assist him in determining effective solutions to the problems.
- Assist in managing the environmental control program, taking note of all necessary changes that are being made and suggesting changes on a regular basis.
- Work alongside the Head Grower in determining which crops in your section are ready to be shipped, taking into account the targeted ready weeks for each product.
- Suggest actions to take in the future to assure that each crop is being grown correctly and finished properly.
- Seek to build upon your horticulture knowledge by regularly researching such topics. Section growers will be given as many opportunities as possible to gain expertise through trade shows and educational events.
- Take part in fostering a healthy company culture that is built on respect for our team and belief in our company goals and visions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Advanced concepts about greenhouse operations, quality and productivity
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
- Willingness to work some weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated
Qualifications Education and/or Experiences
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 5 years related industry experience preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for crew members.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- One location