Sales Director, Medical Cannabis Processing Facility
Lighthouse Sciences is a new state-of-the-art 10,000 square ft Medical Cannabis Processing facility including a MIPS Kitchen located in Eastlake Ohio. We utilize leading edge manufacturing technology combined with medical based science to provide high-end, innovative solutions for the medical cannabis industry.
Lighthouse Sciences is searching for an experienced hands-on Sales Leader to join our growing team. This is a unique ground floor opportunity for a person who can deliver outstanding sales performance. Candidates must have an enthusiastic motivating demeanor with a proven track record of exceeding sales goals. The qualified candidate must be able to demonstrate a past history of bringing on new dispensaries as well as maintaining strong relations with existing dispensaries. As a hands-on leader, you will focus on increasing sales and building and mentoring a team focused on selling into the current medical and future recreational Ohio dispensaries. Effective leadership, dispensary sales/service and cannabis product usage experience are a must. If you thrive in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment with career path growth and are organized, self-motivated and want to get in on the ground floor of Ohio’s premier processor, apply for this position.
- Sell all available product to meet weekly sales goals
- Build rapport with existing partners and new prospects
- Make regular store visits to partner locations to ensure Lighthouse is well represented
- Maintain deep knowledge of our product line and operating philosophy to educate retail staff on our products, while answering questions and gathering feedback
- Alert partners to new/restocked products
- Upsell partners on products that they may not yet be carrying
- Work to ensure high-demand products are allotted correctly
- Grow revenue by gaining new partners and expanding skus/quantity with existing partners
- Maintain a deep understanding of partner needs and market trends- strains, products, competition
- Work with marketing and the sales team to strategize, organize and send out sales campaign messaging on a routine basis
- Develop, and maintain, a strong understanding of Cannabis laws and compliance in Ohio
- Resolve any partner/customer related concerns regarding sales and service
- Arrange and execute in-store vendor days to “meet and greet” with patients and dispensary staff to educate on our products as well as attend events that we sponsor
- Create edit/update orders and assist customers with their orders as needed
- Work with Lab director and Marketing team to ensure the right product mix is being produced week to week
- Develop sales strategies to increase revenues and gain new partners
- Prepare budgets as necessary and maintain strong expense management
- Work with Lab Director and production teams (as needed) to ensure delivery schedules meet partner needs
- Communicate partner requests and needs to relevant departments
- Communicate with billing department on accounts receivable, all product returns, account credits etc. and action any necessary tasks to ensure AR is current across our portfolio
- Monitor and report back on competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Weekly reporting on key metrics and goals
- Work with marketing team to execute marketing campaigns
- Perform all other duties assigned by the executive team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strict attention to detail, quality, process, and data input accuracy.
- Ability to stay “on task” at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast moving consumer goods manufacturing environment.
- Present weekly updates to CEO and executive team on Sales status.
- Maintain and build upon relationships with team, customers, supply chain and vendors.
- Effectively participate as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Capable of handling all aspects of Sales and Marketing including administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully carry out multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Sales, supply chain, and processing skills and experience.
- Effective inventory management capabilities.
- Capable of operating in QuickBooks with well-rounded understanding of finance.
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong budget development and reporting metrics experience.
- Ability to assert requirements and deadlines to all team members.
- Computer networking management, METRC and inventory tracking database experience is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree in business, sales & marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, or related field desired.
- Experience working in a cannabis processing/manufacturing company selling into dispensaries is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented with strong communication and organizational skills.
- 2+ years’ dispensary sales knowledge and experience are major plus.
- Proven track record of sales management success.
- Familiarity with processes related to cannabis processing and manufacturing, as well as varied product types in the market
- Ability to work quickly without compromising accuracy.
- Flexibility to work, days/evenings/weekends, depending on production schedules.
- Ability to discern the competition and their product offerings and provide counter measures to compete.
- Strong computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and Lab environment.
- Occasional visits to vendor locations with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, and dirt.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass background check for badging by the MMCP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- 8–10-hour shift
- One location
- Remote interview process
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
We do not serve the general public at our processing facility, only staff members are on site and our staff members and the company follow all CDC guidelines for COVID-19.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Eastlake, OH 44095: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Cannabis Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- selling to cannabis dispensaries: 1 year (Preferred)
- edible, and vape pen manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- cannabis product usage: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location