ACT Laboratories is the industry leader in cannabis safety compliance testing. Our cannabis testing services are accredited to the ISO 17025 standard, ensuring methods are fully validated and independently reviewed. We provide peace of mind to patients by verifying that their medicine is properly dosed and free of harmful levels of contaminants.
ACT Laboratories is currently seeking a full time Customer Sales and Service Representative to cover the state of Illinois, with expansion to other states as business needs require.
The customer sales and service representative is a key member of the customer team and plays a key role in supporting ACT Lab’s customer centric business model while meeting/exceeding assigned revenue goals. This role is responsible for identifying customer needs and support the pull through of customer strategy. The Customer Sales and Service Representative demonstrates the highest level of knowledge of ACT Labs services and aligns our services and value to the needs to the customer.
Pay – $50,000 – $60,000 a year; Unlimited bonus potential based on sales
Schedule – Monday through Friday; 40-45 hours a week; Majority of position is remote; Travel during the day and overnight – to other client and prospect locations, attend seminars, training and/or conference
Benefits – includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify clients’ needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of solutions to meet customer needs and objectives
- Serve as the primary point of contact for a designated book of business
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships; develop trusted advisory relationships with key accounts to retain current clients
- Negotiate and close transactions; consummate partnership agreements with new clients
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify and grow opportunities
- Utilize company CRM to document and track sales and provide management with monthly reports
- Visit client sites for assessments including contamination risks
- Provide laboratory tours to clients and prospective clients
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with people inside and outside the organization including regulatory staff and corporate staff
- Minimum 2 years successful Sales experience with documented history of strong performance
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas preferred: Cannabis, Pharmaceutical/ Healthcare/Life Sciences, Consulting, Customer Service
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous sales experience required
- Previous customer service experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously while achieving set outcomes
- Ability to use computers and computer software programs, including Microsoft Excel and systems and standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers and fax machines
- Good written and verbal communication skills to convey and receive information effectively (face-to-face, telephone and electronic)
- Good analytical skills to interpret complex rules and regulations and good judgment skills
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently, prioritize, handle multiple tasks, manage time and plan, coordinate and expedite work projects
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee works in a laboratory environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
ACT Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.