RETAIL STORE ASSOCIATE
Overview: Indoor Gardens is Ohio’s largest retailer of hydroponic and indoor gardening supplies. Indoor Gardens markets and distributes horticultural supplies, organics, lighting and hydroponics products, including lighting fixtures, nutrients, seeds and growing media, systems, trays, fans, filters, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, timers, instruments, water pumps, irrigation supplies and hand tools.
Reports to: Store Manager
Pay Range: $13/hour – $15/hour DOE
- Operate cash registers, manage financial transactions, and balance drawers.
- Process purchases, returns, and exchanges according to company procedures.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge by developing solutions for customers through listening to their needs and recommending appropriate products.
- Greet customers, respond warmly to questions, improve engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Up-sell when appropriate; promote current sales, promotions, etc.
- Organize and replenish front stock and help merchandise store.
- Receive in orders, organize stock in warehouse.
- Help organize back-stock and perform inventory counts.
- Collaborate with other team members to keep the sales floor clean and organized at all times.
- Help create a positive environment in which customers feel welcomed to shop at.
- Store associates will help with any tasks in other departments necessary to keep the store running efficiently.
The ideal candidate will comprehend the importance of environmental controls, indoor plant lighting, disease and pest management, and plant nutrients. We are a company that focuses on maintaining supreme customer service. Qualified candidates must have experience in the gardening industry and excel in problem solving, possess excellent customer service skills, and have a willingness to learn.
- 2+ years of Retail Sales or Customer Service experience.
- Knowledge of INDOOR CULTIVATION practices A MUST!
- Knowledge of various inputs and environmental controls required for indoor plant cultivation.
- Technical proficiency
- Independent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with customers by speaking and listening
- Ability to use a computer and POS system with accuracy
- Ability to stand for the duration of a shift (reasonable accommodation can be made when appropriate)
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. to waist height repeatedly
- Ability to work in hot or cold environments for extended periods of time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Are you able to work on Saturdays?
- Do you have any experience with hydroponics or indoor plant cultivation?
- Are you willing to work with and sell to licensed cannabis cultivation facilities in Ohio?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail: 2 years (Preferred)
- Gardening: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location