MODERN MEDICAL MARIJUANA
We believe in a little plant full of potential. That’s why we started producing the
highest quality medical marijuana products with one thing in mind. Our patients.
The Retail Relations Manager is responsible for increasing b2b sales of Cannabis and related products to dispensaries within an assigned territory. This will include the acquisition of new accounts, enhancement in spending of our existing relationships and working within the local and state communities. Accordingly, this position requires heavy prospecting including cold calling as well as other innovative techniques to create relationships. While industry experience isn’t required the Retail Relations Manager must be passionate about our product(s), local and state community, the cannabis industry and convey that enthusiasm to potential customers in the field. This role requires a salespersons’ mentality including an ability to work independently to overcome objections, close sales, and exceed sales targets. Moreover, a successful Retail Relations Manager will work in close collaboration with the Marketing and Production teams to act as a conduit for market feedback to support internal activities and provide the highest quality service levels to our dispensary customers.
This position offers a base salary, full benefits package and an aggressive sales commission plan.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of company products and pricing structure.
- Identify sales opportunities within assigned territory, manage prospects, and acquire new business, and increase existing client spend.
- Initiate sales process by scheduling appointments, preparing, then delivering presentations, proposals, and product offerings to key decision makers.
- Closes sales with both new and existing dispensaries by building rapport; explaining our features & benefits and matching our value proposition with their needs.
- React to changing trends in the industry including purchases trends, new offerings, competitive activities, product shortages, etc. Communicate effectively between all business partners to stay ahead and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Communicate weekly with the Director of Retail Relations on sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers, and improvements with existing customers including challenges and successes with each
- Developing and actively participating in volunteer events with dispensary staff.
- Attending local and state government meetings and seminars with the goal of building relationships with all government parties
Quality & Financial
- Research new opportunities to bring our company & brands out into the community to educate others about our business, and product offerings.
- Develop growth opportunity recommendations through market research, scouting and competitive analysis.
- Communicate market needs and trends with the marketing and production departments to improve our ability to respond with poignant communication and in-demand products.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of dispensaries within assigned territory to help understand needs and enhance relationships.
- Partner with Marketing Department to help apprise them of market conditions and needs to develop materials and support activities which efficiently support sales activities
- Further understanding of product life cycle including production supply, packaging, and available accouterments to maximize alignment between customer expectations and company capabilities.
- Develop Sales Support Specialists to improve their skills and position them to best support sales initiatives
- Stay up to date with all local, state, and federal regulations to ensure policy, practice, and communication is consistent with any changes in laws or regulations.
- Document all sales related activities, activities, travels, and expenses
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Closing mentality with the ability to overcome objections
- Strong interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Customer focused mentality to service needs and resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed sales/revenue goals.
- Must understand what it takes to be a part of a team
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience in a data-driven sales environment.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience; BA/BS degree in business, marketing, sales, or related field preferred
- Strong general computer and Google suite skills.
- Previous in person prospecting experience.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass both state and federal background screenings
- Experience with QuickBooks
- An understanding of all social media outlets and how it is utilized in relation to our products
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Travel expected 75% of the time.
- Some weekend and evening work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 /year
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- OH – Ohio (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Every other week
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible