ACT Laboratories is the industry leader in cannabis safety compliance testing. Our cannabis testing services are accredited to the ISO 17025 standard, ensuring methods are fully validated and independently reviewed. We provide peace of mind to patients by verifying that their medicine is properly dosed and free of harmful levels of contaminants.
ACT Laboratories is currently seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Officer for our Toledo, OH Laboratory.
Position will be scheduled primarily on the day shift.
Oversee the laboratory quality system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approve local SOP’s and ensure compliance with ACT Laboratories’ procedures
- Review and approve OOS/atypical laboratory result investigations
- Review and approve local CAPA’s; track open CAPA’s to completion
- Provide local laboratory data in support of management reviews
- Review and approve local change control initiatives
- Review and approve method validation reports done
- Perform periodic internal audits (may also participate in cross-site internal audits)
- Review and approve data prior to reporting to customer
- Liaise with local regulators, state and ISO 17025 external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Microbiology or related science preferred
- Documented training Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures
- Previous quality assurance experience in a laboratory preferred
- Knowledge of required quality systems
- General knowledge of analytical methods for performing data reviews
- Experience with HPLC, GC-Headspace, LC-MS, selective plating and/or ICP-MS preferred
- ELAP/ISO experience preferred
ACT Laboratories provides a comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan.