Innovation and a force for good…join a cutting-edge company that combines the best of nature, science and technology to provide highest quality natural alternatives to synthetic drugs…Firelands Scientific. Our rigorous cultivation and processing standards ensure consistent, reliable medical cannabis products. www.firelandsscientific.com
Based in Huron, OH, and reporting to the VP of Operations, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Director to oversee all quality and regulatory functions. In strict compliance with Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program regulations and guidelines, the director ensures that products meet quality standards and are safe for patient consumption. This includes developing and maintaining standard operating procedures for the company from seed through production, laboratory testing, auditing, investigating non-compliance and remediation and reporting.
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Manuals.
- Interacting with department managers.
- Troubleshooting operational issues.
- Reviewing certificates of analysis and results of laboratory tests for compliance to specifications.
- Auditing to ensure compliance.
- Hands-on investigating non-conformance, reviewing complaints, documenting findings, managing material holds and remediation.
- Developing and administering relevant employee training.
Staff: Quality Assurance Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Microbiology Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- 5+ years Quality Assurance/Quality Control laboratory experience in a highly regulated field…licensed medical marijuana, pharmaceutical, food
- Knowledge of GMP, environmental and workplace guidelines
- Knowledge of Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program regulations preferred.
- Helpful to have experience with growing agricultural food products
- Experience designing processes and procedures; helpful to have experience with a start-up.
- Strong communication skills.
Firelands Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.