Innovation and a force for good…join a cutting-edge company that combines the best of nature, science, and technology to provide highest quality natural alternatives to synthetic drugs…Firelands Scientific. Our rigorous cultivation and processing standards ensure consistent, reliable medical cannabis products. www.firelandsscientific.com
We are looking for a Public Relations Manager responsible for writing press releases, increasing awareness around the Firelands Scientific name and brand to media outlets, developing public relations strategies that will promote FiSci’s mission and participating in local community events. This role requires excellent writing skills and the desire to research topics and write original content on assigned topics. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the PR Manager position will be based in our Westlake, OH office (or remotely from Ohio or West Virginia) with 50% travel.
- Speaking on camera and to the press while representing multiple brands in a confident and appropriate manner.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the local media and press in both West Virginia and Ohio.
- Maintaining and strengthening the organization’s overall brand in all media avenues.
- Creating compelling Press Releases for product launches, major company announcements and Sunshine Committee events, which may be picked up by the media for stories and are posted to our website.
- Preparing spokespeople and leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by providing refresher media training as appropriate and facilitating and coordinating media training for spokespeople when required.
- Working both independently and with the marketing team to create compelling marketing strategies to engage with the local community.
- Participating in local community events and maintaining relationships with local community businesses.
- Nurturing the relationship between FiSci and its employees, external organizations, the media and their local and virtual community.
- Developing public relations strategies that will promote FiSci’s mission and values.
- Increasing brand awareness for current and potential customers.
- Analyzing and reporting industry relevant media trends and new opportunities.
- Executing community and patient outreach programs.
- Working with the marketing team to coordinate the design of promotional materials.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop and manage cross channel marketing campaigns.
- Participating in the development and iteration of strategic marketing plan.
- Participating in creative brainstorms with the Corporate Team and Office Staff.
- Developing media approval procedure for all content shared and marketed internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related preferred.
- 5-7 years writing public relations/media content.
- 3+ years in Corporate Media Relations or similar role.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Highly experienced with Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience in Photography and the design and creation of videography for internal corporate viewing and external marketing communications (ie. YouTube videos).
- Familiarity with B Corp.
- Ability to pass an extensive background check.
Firelands Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.