We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Post Processing Technician Assistant who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate.
Employees in this role will perform preparation and cleaning tasks efficiently. Operate, clean and maintain cannabis extraction equipment. Processing Technician Assistants will be able to follow directions, act safely and professionally in the lab setting. Follows good manufacturing practice standards. Punctual and exhibits an outstandingly positive attitude.
Cleaning and Preparation:
Perform general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials.
Clean glassware and sensitive equipment
Work at a fast pace in a high production environment
Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs
Operate technical machinery
Use excel spreadsheets and email
Perform setup and cleanup tasks
Perform general maintenance of equipment, tools and workspace
Preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction
Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory
Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware.
Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word record keeping
- Maintain cleanliness of laboratory, keep post processing glassware clean and ready for use, help to clean extraction equipment and general laboratory facility duties.
- Work in hazardous environments and conditions.
- You will be required to assist with cannabis extraction preparation, winterization, and filtration.
- You must be able to proficiently handle the following hazardous materials; butane, propane, ethanol, pentane, isopropyl alcohol, critically hot material, cryogenic cold material
- Interact with Metrc, inventory systems, and Excel reports to insure that all material is being tracked in accordance with state law; as well as logging and reporting as required by state law
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of different strains of cannabis and concentrates
- Knowledge of extraction methods and purification of product
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must be proficient with computers
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 + years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state issued processing badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
Interact with Senior Team:
Attend and add value to team meetings
Participate in strategic discussions about company, direction, execution, etc.
Engage in honest, innovative, problem solving dialogue
Promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members at all times
Work with passion towards industry, company, customers, co-workers, partners and investors
Maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude towards all work asked of you to complete
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.