Job Title: Post-Harvest Technician
Division/Department: Cultivation – Post Harvest
Reports to: Post Harvest Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary: The Production Technician will be responsible for various processes associated with cannabis product development. The Technician provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to process and package clean high quality, safe medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a keen attention to detail and record keeping, and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. The entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the Company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The main responsibilities of the Production Technician include all aspects of the daily care of medicine from harvest to packaging; monitoring weights and measurements; presentation; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the processing area.
- Assists in harvesting, processing and storing both in-process and finished medicine
- Prepare plant materials for extraction
- Maintains accurate records of daily production and communicates those records to management
- Records and tracks accurate weights and measurements of medicine throughout the processing and packaging procedures using company systems and protocols
- Maintains cleanliness of environment – including sanitation of rooms post-harvest
- Inspects medicine for defects using a variety of magnification tools
- Assist in cannabis extraction preparation
- Prepare and trim flower according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Maintains quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product
- Work as a member of a fast-paced team environment to help the team meet group goals
- Prepares inventory reports to ensure products are available, on point and in demand
- Review the processing schedule and forecasts for key dates, quantities, strains, etc.
- Interact with Metrc, inventory systems, and Excel reports to ensure that all material is being tracked in accordance with state law; as well as logging and reporting as required by state law
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in horticulture, botany, or related field, preferred.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with a commercial cannabis, Agricultural, or landscaping facility/company preferred
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; Office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Mechanical skill
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Must pass State Mandated Background Check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Horticulture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location