Holy smokes! GTI just keeps growing and growing! We’re seeking a Pharmacist to direct and manage the dispensing of cannabis products the patients of our dispensary. In this role, you’ll serve as the onsite medical authority, ensuring patients receive correct dosage along with a healthy amount of education and counseling. You’ll have the unique opportunity to serve as a one-on-one educator to our cannabis patients, and you’ll excel at completing a prospective drug utilization review to asses: appropriateness of therapy; appropriate strain, dosage, route, and duration; allergies and drug interactions contraindications; and possible misuse. All in all, we’re looking for someone blazing with passion for medical cannabis who also has the medical expertise to help our patients use it responsibly and effectively.
- Compounds and dispenses medications accurately for delivery to patient care areas.
- Provides timely and accurate medication information to patients.
- Consults patients and assesses patient’s certification to determine best course of treatment.
- Processes all medication order information into an electronic health record to ensure accuracy of records regarding past, current and future dispensing and charging.
- Maintains a comprehensive pharmacy patient profile. Oversees the packaging labeling, and distribution of medications for all patients and employees according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintains controlled inventories of cannabis products in the dispensing areas.
- Maintains both PA Pharmacists license and complete the PA Department of Health’s Cannabis Health Professional training.
- At least one year of experience as a licensed Pharmacist.
- Cannabis experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or ability to use pharmacy information systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use automated and conventional pharmacy equipment
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge