About Greenleaf: : Greenleaf is one of the largest vertically integrated operators under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are responsible for the complete product journey from seed to sale to provide affordable medical marijuana products and care to Ohioans. Greenleaf operates it’s Cultivation/Processing operations out of a state-of-the-art facility located in Middlefield. We currently operate five retail dispensaries in Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe. Our locations operate under the nationally acclaimed brand The Botanist. For additional company information, please visit our website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities*:
The Packaging Tech (Generalist) will be the front-line to ensure that all products are packaged accurately and compliant in order to ensure patient satisfaction, proper brand representation. We are seeking quality candidates that value teamwork, accountability, and accomplishing the mission. Position will ensure compliance, quality, and accuracy while reporting to the Quality Assurance Packaging Manager. This position is entry level seeking driven detail-oriented persons with selfless motivation. A candidate must demonstrate strong mental stamina and attention to detail to succeed in this role for growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and monitor all tasks in packaging areas.
- Member of a team in packaging accomplishing all tasks involved in completion of assigned work orders.
- Regularly examine machine operation
- Train new team members on job.
- Retrieve components from warehouse and return to warehouse filing with Inventory Control Department.
- Set-up packaging section of filling lines (paperwork, samples, components).
- Maintain equipment in good condition.
- Clean machines, change webbing, set up scales (minor mechanical), record computer data entry (or other software) for measurement of line performance index.
- Report when small equipment needs replacing.
- Supply packaging manager with performance analysis, log downtime, analyze out-put sheet for measurements of line performance and index.
- cGMP training, Health & Safety, gowning for packaging, SOP training, documentation training.
- Learn to operator basic labeling & packaging machines safely.
- Basic sign in on best practices, retrieve & check components for QA/QC to ensure best practices and applicable regulations are followed.
- Do line clearance prior & post cleaning lines, understand purpose of doing line checks throughout orders.
- Support Compliance Manager and QA/PM to Identify products properly to ensure that lots and production runs are entered METRC correctly to accurately label and package product in accordance
- Check labels and packages for print to ensure correct information (lot # and expiry date) & for damaged labels or packages.
- Documents counts of product prior & finished and procedure for discard of components, product & documenting.
- Load machines with components (products, leaflets and cartons)
- Understand and be concurrent on all SOPs to ensure cGMP compliance. Review and generate SOPs and keep current with SOPs
- Constantly look for actions that can be done to prevent defects and all quality training.
- Report corrections and all identified discrepancies to management to ensure accuracy of all inventory counts, labeling, and applicable pertinent information
- Other duties as assigned.
*Scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Six (6) months of previous relevant work experience within other packaging, pharmaceutical or biotech firms.
- Strong problem solving and mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
- The ability to lift 25 pounds regularly
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
- The ability to accurately count to one hundred
Salary Range*: $13.00/Hr.
Mandatory Qualifications: A successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- One location