We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Packaging & Processing Technician who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This newly created role will work cross functionally on both the packaging and the processing team.
- Package product as directed and trained by supervisor
- Label packaging as directed by supervisor
- Fulfill orders as directed by supervisor
- Maintain level of desired quality while packaging and labeling
- Maintain level of desired quantity of packaged material
- Maintain level of desired quantity of fulfilled orders
- Count inventory as directed by supervisor
- Help maintain inventory records or raw material, packaged product and fulfilled orders
- Move inventory from room to room as directed by supervisor
- Dispose of waste as directed by supervisor including tracking of waste
- Remain compliant with biosecurity measures in the building
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of complete set of specific rules determined by the law and by the commission
- Perform general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials
- Clean glassware and sensitive equipment
- Work at a fast pace in a high production environment
- Lift heavy loads up to 70lbs
- Operate technical machinery
- Perform general maintenance of equipment, tools and workspace
- Preparing equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Must be proficient with computers
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a state-issued cultivation badge, which includes passing a background check free of felony convictions
- Must possess the physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required to accomplish duties
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage. Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.