Operations Manager, Medical Cannabis Processing Facility
Lighthouse Sciences is a new state-of-the-art 10,000 square ft Medical Cannabis Processing facility including a MIPS Kitchen located in Eastlake Ohio, a Mayor and cannabis friendly community. We infuse industry leading technology with science based medical ingenuity to provide safe, innovative, top quality solutions for the medical cannabis industry.
Lighthouse Sciences is looking for an experienced hands-on Operations Manager to join our small team in Eastlake, Ohio at a newly constructed medical cannabis processing facility. The ideal candidate is a detail fanatic, has a proven track record of strong operational skills and is seasoned in facilitating best practices into cannabis manufacturing processes. Quality control, customer sales/service and BHO extraction experience is a must. Ideal candidate is self-motivated, data and process driven team leader who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is skilled in building a high-performance team environment to help grow our operations and sales effectively.
- Oversee production environment and streamline processes to reduce costs and improve efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
- Assist in daily operations, manufacturing and processing departments including but not limited to extracting and making product, employee schedules, budgeting, management reporting, policies, and procedures.
- Help to improve and refine policies and procedures to measure productivity and quality standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure efficient operations.
- Plan, forecast and monitor the supply chain and day-to-day operations to ensure minimal interruptions in production.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment as well as company culture and values.
- Stay up to date with current laws and regulations in addition to manufacturing and processing best practices and concepts.
- Ensure facility compliance, standards, and cleanliness are always met.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Resolve sales, operational, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, regulatory, and delivery problems.
- Works closely with Sales and Delivery team, Packaging department, Aromatherapist, and Extraction team on planning and scheduling and fulfilling quality products.
- Provide hands on day-to-day support functions for company’s CEO.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the executive team.
- Works with operations staff to ensure all KPIs are being met or exceeded.
- Ensures consistency and efficiency of product through quality control testing and procedure.
- Communicate effectively and actively seek and provide feedback.
- Interact with team and vendors in a variety of mediums.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Willing to assist with Extraction, MIPS kitchen, filling and packaging when required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attends staff and management meetings as requested.
- Assist and oversee preparation of equipment and plant materials for extraction.
- Assist and oversee execution of extraction and processing in accordance with state and local standards.
- Assist and oversee operation of sophisticated extraction equipment including butane and CO2.
- Assist and oversee maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment.
- Assist and oversee operating, maintaining, adjusting and repairs to extraction equipment.
- Assist and oversee storing supplies, equipment, and disposal of waste according to guidelines.
- Assist and oversee the cleaning and sanitation of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools.
- Assist and oversee the maintaining material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products.
- Ensuring cleanliness and safety of the production area
- Following all standard operating procedures (SOPs) regarding product creation and lab safety
- Assist and oversee the packaging and labeling of finished products.
- Assist and oversee coordination with testing laboratory as defined by state guidelines.
- Assist and oversee developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Assist and oversee compliance with state and local regulations and testing requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strict attention to detail, quality, process, and data input accuracy.
- Ability to stay “on task” at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast moving consumer goods manufacturing environment.
- Present weekly updates to CEO and executive team on operations status.
- Maintain and build upon relationships with team, customers, supply chain and vendors.
- Effectively participate as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Capable of handling all aspects of operations including administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully carry out multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Sales, supply chain, and processing skills and experience.
- Effective inventory management capabilities.
- Capable of operating in QuickBooks with well-rounded understanding of finance.
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong budget development and reporting metrics experience.
- Ability to assert requirements and deadlines to all team members.
- Computer networking management, METRC and inventory tracking database experience is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree in business, engineering, chemistry, computer science, accounting, or related field desired highly desirable.
- Experience working in a cannabis processing/manufacturing lab with production of vape cartridges, edibles, and topicals.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented with strong communication and organizational skills.
- 2+ years’ project management and detailed MRP/ERP knowledge and experience is required.
- Proven track record of operations management success.
- Minimum of 2 years expertise working in a lab with extraction equipment with the ability to consistently produce high quality concentrates using good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Familiarity with extraction methods as well as the purification, separation, and isolation of various compounds of cannabis.
- Basic understanding of proper and safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Ability to work quickly without compromising accuracy.
- Flexibility to work, days/evenings/weekends, depending on production schedules.
- Ability to discern the quality of plant material and finished products.
- Strong computer skills.
- Accurately and thoroughly meet quality production standards.
- 2+ years’ experience in extracting for formulation of vape cartridges, gummies, topicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office and Lab environment.
- Occasional visits to vendor locations with exposure to adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, dust, and dirt.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65k -70k per year plus performance incentives
- 8–10-hour shift
- One location
- Remote interview process
Related keywords: operations manager, manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Eastlake, OH 44095 (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Cannabis Processing and Operations: 2 years (Required)
- managing the supply chain for trim: 1 year (Preferred)
- selling to dispensaries: 2 years (Preferred)
- edible, and vape pen manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BHO Extraction: 2 years (Preferred)
- managing a cannabis manufacturing plant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place