SV Labs, LLC, a cannabis safety compliance facility, has an opening for an Office Manager that will also maintain cannabis inventory in METRC. The facility will provide chemistry and microbiology testing services for cannabis cultivators and processors as mandated by state regulatory body.
The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining intra-office communication protocols, administrative procedures, setting up vendors, sample and consumable inventory control, office staff supervision, and task delegation.
The successful office manager is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a laboratory
Duties and Responsibilities
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary including but not limited to cannabis background, fingerprinting requirements, and additional MRA compliance items .
- Provide general support to visitors including sign in requirement by regulatory body
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved, and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed
- Responsible for recruiting staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees
- Communicate with customers on scheduling pickups and payment
- Perform regular audits of sample inventory, documentation of chain of custody and disposal, and update METRC with relative information.
- Perform regular inventory for laboratory consumables and standards. Order supplies in an organized expedited fashion to help optimize tasks within the laboratory.
- Responsible for personnel management, issue resolution, employee engagement, and professional development of the workforce.
- Help with sample intake to maintain transportation and chain of custody documentation for METRC and state audits.
- Manage security systems and operations per state regulations.
- Manage building requirements per ISO 17025:2017 and state regulations.
- Must be 21 years of age and able to pass a background check
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Associates degree or Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Ability to think critically and work independently
- Proficiency on Microsoft word and Google Docs
- Ability to understand Microsoft Excel
- Cannabis industry experience preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift 35lbs.
- Visual and auditory acuity.
- Ability to walk and bend down.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to appropriately dress in a laboratory environment.
- Reports to the Laboratory Director and laboratory Manager.
- Reports to Operations Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
United States (Required), must authorize and pass background check.’
- One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toledo, OH 43623: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location