About Greenleaf: : Greenleaf is one of the largest vertically integrated operators under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are responsible for the complete product journey from seed to sale to provide affordable medical marijuana products and care to Ohioans. Greenleaf operates it’s Cultivation/Processing operations out of a state-of-the-art facility located in Middlefield. We currently operate five retail dispensaries in Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe. Our locations operate under the nationally acclaimed brand The Botanist. For additional company information, please visit our website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities*:
The Maintenance Tech (MT) will assist as a member of the maintenance team responsible for the overall mechanical operation and maintenance of and with-in the facility. MT will perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on the production/cultivation facility and machinery. MT will provide observed meaningful feedback to leadership to ensure maintenance is real time, strategic, and executed seamlessly within the operation. MT will interact with vendors and contractors to ensure all jobs are leverage the appropriate level of expertise. The below listed duties and responsibilities are meant to serve as a broad overview of what’s required in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the operational Directors to manage facilities and equipment safely in accordance with operational needs.
- Repair equipment, along with repairs including but not limited to grow lights, fans,
HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Execute work request system along with a record keeping process.
Process and log all maintenance and repair work to include daily report on the status of repairs.
- Conduct safety inspections to ensure all equipment is operating optimally and create a cadence for
- Aid in receiving and storing of supplies and materials across all departments
- Aids ICC (I) to verify manifest, break down pallets and boxes, and stages/stores all supplies to proper destination.
- Installs new equipment as needed.
- Manages facility repair requests
- Scheduling when maintenance is outside of realm of expertise, but continuously learning from contractors to eliminate the need for outside services when possible.
- Communicates with the janitorial services to ensure cleanliness and stocking of the common areas
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement. (Major repairs may include planning and coordination with external contractors or licensed tradesman.)
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment and systems
- Helps team complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Aids in obtaining estimates for supplies, repair parts; and assist with ordering items as needed
- Responsible for accountability of vehicles, tools, materials, and equipment when necessary and ensures that they are used safely, effectively, and efficiently
- Ensures that all facility resources are well-maintained, well-organized, and reordered promptly
- Aids in yearly review of all processes to ensure proper permitting and licensing
- Assists with the Operations Manual and SOP maintenance relating to Facilities Maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
*Scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience. A Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- 2 years of experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
- A strong knowledge of trades- plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, tile, miscellaneous repairs and maintenance or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experienced with MS Word, Excel, computerized maintenance management and project
- Knowledge of the medical marijuana industry strongly preferred or other highly regulated industry
- Work history showing flexibility and willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of buildings
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skill in using hand and power tools
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Successful track-record with being a team player
- Flexibility and creativity with finding solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and carry for a distance of 100 feet
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- This position requires occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to cut and
manipulate small objects
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Must be able to pass background check
Mandatory Qualifications: A successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting in addition to drug screening pre-employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Multiple locations