We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
This newly created role will work to monitor plant health, regulate plant nutrition, maintain the growing environment, and conduct trials to develop new product lines. This person will also be responsible for ensuring performance, volume and quality goals are met by utilizing efficient methods and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
- Effectively communicate with executives
- Maintain the standards of crop production
- Work with assistant growers to provide a steady supply of production
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements
- Manage and coordinate the daily grow operations and Grow process, including propagation, transplanting, fertigation, cleaning, maintenance, harvesting and schedules/ timelines for each, equipment requirements and training/ development.
- Inventory oversight and management.
- Supports the General Manager with all compliance issues related to the Grow department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Botany, Horticulture or in related field or a combination of relevant education with experience
- Knowledge of Plant and Soil Science
- Experience with water management, root management, irrigation, and scheduling
- Minimum 3 years in commercial greenhouse or production environment
- Understanding of horticulture, plant materials, IPM, and commercial production
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to get a Pesticide License
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.