ACT Laboratories is the industry leader in cannabis safety compliance testing. Our cannabis testing services are accredited to the ISO 17025 standard, ensuring methods are fully validated and independently reviewed. We provide peace of mind to patients by verifying that their medicine is properly dosed and free of harmful levels of contaminants.
ACT Laboratories is currently seeking a full-time Laboratory Director for our Ohio, Michigan and Illinois laboratory. The position is based out of Ohio but would need to be able to travel to Illinois and Michigan labs at times.
Responsible for all aspects of laboratory operations, including laboratory setup, testing validation as well as ensuring accurate and timely testing production activities. Will have oversite of multiple labs.
Pay – $110,000 – $115,000 based on experience with Bonus potential
Schedule – Monday through Friday 8am-5pm; Flexibility needed
Benefits – ACT Laboratories provides a comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with laboratory design and build-out
- Oversee installation, testing, calibration, operation and maintenance of laboratory testing instrumentation
- Review and approve method validations and develop validation reports
- Ensure laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as defined in the laboratory’s policies and procedures for accurate and reliable results
- Perform final review of test data; assist in test interpretation
- Ensure compliance with laboratory policies and procedures, state regulations and ISO-17025 standards
- Participate in acquisition of new equipment and other resources to support the anticipated needs of the lab; identify bottlenecks and recommend solutions; recommend purchases of equipment and supplies
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training, onboarding, staffing/workplace planning, assigning and directing work, scheduling, evaluating performance, recognizing and rewarding, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in chemistry, biology or other related science major required; Master’s degree in chemistry, biology or other related science major preferred
- Laboratory experience required
- 5-10 years supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with analytical laboratory testing instrumentation and software
- Cannabis experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ACT Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.