Lab Team Lead
Greenleaf is one of the largest vertically integrated operators licensed under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are focused on growing, processing and delivering quality medical marijuana products to Ohio’ patients who are suffering from any of the 21 conditions approved under the state’s program. Our five medical marijuana dispensaries, located in Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe, are branded “The Botanist” and our co-located cultivation and processing facility is under construction in Middlefield. Reporting into the Extraction Manager, the Lab Team Lead will provide the daily care and focused attention necessary to produce quality, safe medicine for our patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for using a variety of techniques to extract and refine the medicinal components of the Cannabis plant for the Ohio Medical market.
- The processing technician will also be responsible for following and maintaining the inventory tracking system, while tracking and logging all extraction inputs and finished extraction products.
- Will collect and submit samples for analytical testing.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all lab equipment and placing purchase order requests when replacement parts are needed.
- Will work closely with the grow and production team on receiving/preparing biomass and organizing the outgoing workload for packagers.
- Proper usage, maintenance and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to: shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, fiskars, scissors, loppers, stools, gloves, rags, and goggles.
- Completes daily and periodic cleaning tasks as assigned. Daily cleaning consists of: sweeping and spot mopping all areas on the cultivation floor, common bathroom, break room, and loading area
- Proper disposal of waste at the end of each day
- Assists in completing other secondary cultivation tasks at the direction of the Extraction Manager according to company needs.
- HS Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems).
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements.
- Lab experience and familiarity with extraction and distillation equipment preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions with the utmost precision and accuracy.
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
- This position required occasional extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to cut and manipulate. small objects.
Visit our dispensary website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Job Type: Full-time