We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Employees in this role will perform a wide range of tasks. Primary activities performed by Processing Technician Assistants will be cleaning and organizing.
Ideal candidates will be familiar with good manufacturing practice standards. Candidates must also be punctual and exhibit an outstandingly positive attitude.
- Perform general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials.
- Clean glassware and sensitive equipment
- Work at a fast pace in a high production environment
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs
- Operate technical machinery
- Use excel spreadsheets and email
- Perform general maintenance of equipment, tools and workspace
- Washing and sterilizing laboratory glassware
- Maintain cleanliness of laboratory
- Maintain strict cleaning records
- Plant material for extraction
- Processing work space
- Handling tools and materials
- Interact with Senior Team:
- Attend and add value to team meetings
- Participate in strategic discussions about company, direction, execution, etc.
- Engage in honest, innovative, problem solving dialogue
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the company to all team members at all times
- Work with passion towards industry, company, customers, co-workers, partners and investors
- Maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude towards all work asked of you to complete
- GED Required Bachelor preferred
- Ohio Residence required
- Computer literate and comfortable learning and using new software
- Experience with spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
- Extraction or lab experience a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check including criminal history check by the OH State Police and FBI
- Able to obtain an agent badge from the state of Ohio
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to fluently read and write the English language
- Ability to follow directives issued verbally and in writing
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.