Job Title: Kitchen Tech
Work Location: Middlefield, OH
Reports to (Title of Manager): Kitchen Manager
Manages Others: No
About Greenleaf: OurGreenleaf Corporate office is in downtown Cleveland, Ohio as one of the largest vertically integrated operators under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are responsible for the complete product journey from seed to sale to provide affordable high-end medical marijuana products and care to Ohioans. Greenleaf will operate our Cultivation/Processing operations out of a state-of-the-art facility located in Middlefield, OH. To complete the product journey, we currently operate five retail dispensaries. Shop locations include Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe. Our locations manage under the nationally acclaimed brand “The Botanist.” Please visit our dispensary website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities: The Kitchen Tech will work closely with the Kitchen Manager to successfully produce consistent, safe, quality edibles. Communication, attention to detail, and time management are critical to the success of our Kitchen and to the continued success of our kitchen operation. The Kitchen Tech is responsible for assisting the Kitchen Manager with navigating day to day operations of producing products infused with various Cannabis derived oils. Must be able to follow instructions and react quickly even in high stress environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing cannabis infused edibles while maintaining the strict laws and guidelines set by the government to ensure all products are manufactured within the confines of the law.
- Assist Kitchen Manager in the creation of new recipes and products.
- Learn various recipes and methods of preparation of medicated products.
- Meeting set production deadlines by working efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Meticulously record all work performed when creating recipes and produce final procedures for each recipe created.
- Check products and pull random samples to monitor quality and consistency.
- Assist Kitchen Manager with calculating cost of ingredients so that products are developed within targeted cost range.
- Maintain live counts on all infused edibles products.
- Keeping track of non-medicated product and monitoring levels of raw materials.
- Maintaining correct sanitation for work areas, sanitation logs, checking for any possible health code violations and mitigating the risk of cross contamination.
- Assist with the labeling and packaging of final products when necessary.
- A great attitude is essential.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Experience producing candies, chocolates, cookies, brownies, etc. preferred.
- Familiarity with Ohio Marijuana Regulations, Medical Regulations, Health Regulations, and Sanitation Regulations preferred.
- Food Handlers/ ServSafe Certificate preferred.
- Ability to scale up recipes.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $13-14 (based on experience)
Mandatory Qualifications: The successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Kitchen: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Are you at least 21 years of age?