**This is a remote work from home role that may be seated in the Midwest (East of Cleveland) or in the Eastern portion of the U.S. providing the applicant is residing near a major metropolitan airport. Relocation or sponsorship assistance is not being offered for this role.
We are Signify, formerly Philips Lighting. We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
Working as a Key Account Manager – Horticulture at Signify is dynamic. You ‘ll be right at the heart of our Horticulture business. The sales function is fundamental to driving growth. You understand next generation wishes of our customers and will translate their dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market. Signify has led in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. LED technology applied in horticulture brings new opportunities: now growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, thus improving yield, and saving energy.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager who will be part of the Agriculture Segment team. Your focus will be on developing new business: establish direct contact to growers and their partners and building and maintaining a network of complementary partners. The geographical scope is the US. Customer segments are controlled growing environment food crops, high wire vegetables, floriculture, vertical farms, cannabis, young plants, tissue culture, research institutes and universities.
- The Key Account Manager is the face to the customer and coordinates all activities needed to advance sales opportunities to successful completion. You will be a strong customer advocate by understanding customer needs and creating customer demand by pro-actively developing solutions with the appropriate products and services. You will own the client relationship.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of horticulture production, in a climate-controlled growing environment. This allows you to technically connect the aspects of growing with the benefits that our technology provides to the betterment of the end-user grower.
- Be responsible for achieving sales targets in your territory/segment while working closely with product management, supply chain and local MarCom for the designated region.
- Build up a network of horticulture decision makers, influencers and partners leading to a healthy opportunity pipeline. You will be Responsible for account planning (forecasting and order-portfolio) and keeping the account profile up to date.
- Work in close collaboration with the plant specialists and project application engineers within the North American Team.
- Be responsible for facilitating co-creation with growers, by initiating field tests and commercial follow up for implementation of the results. Thus, you develop the new category of tailored growth light solutions enabled by LED technology. You are eager to build new business and entrepreneurial to make things happen at the customer level.
- Participate in and lead regular status and strategy meetings with customers’ senior management to understand and meet their needs.
- Make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve obstacles.
- Provide market intelligence by monitoring customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant horticultural industry experience in sales/customer relations management, or business development in the controlled growing environment sectors.
- In-depth technical growing knowledge of crops in the climate-controlled growing industry (especially high-wire/leafy vegetables)
- High problem-solving ability, and consultative selling experience. Capable to develop complex business cases and manage them to favorable conclusion.
- Experience developing business and executing sales plans with strategies to get, grow, and keep relationships with targeted customers.
- History of successfully developing and managing sales from a remote /distance environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and business communication skills – both internal and external.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets, functional databases, CRM, enterprise wide software applications, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience setting up product trials and working with researchers.
- Able/willing to travel 50%.
- Competitive salary and incentive depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife