We’re Grassroots, a cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis companies in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.
We are looking for a detailed Inventory and Packaging manager to plan, manage, order, report, and monitor the company’s inventory. This position is crucial as the efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies is vital for the attainment of business goals. You will also be responsible for maintaining shelf stocks and menu accuracy through the implementation of effective methods and often rigorous coordination while adhering to strict state rules and regulations.
A successful Inventory and Packaging manager is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities and is one who possesses great attention to detail and a business mindset. The goal is to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
- Insure Inventory transactions are timely entered and updated
- Oversee the manufacturing and packaging of finished products
- Help develop, execute, and manage the process of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage labeling and packaging process to ensure compliance with regulations for the industry
- Insure all cannabis reconciliation is regularly completed including matching physical and MJ Freeway amounts
- Track movement of all cannabis within building and between departments
- Report required information to the commission and the DOH as necessary
- Establish, set-up and launch each department’s inventory tracking needs
- Participate in planning and execution of harvest, testing and packaging of cannabis products
- Create and maintain necessary records and inventory reports for all cannabis and non-cannabis products
- Perform inventory and miscellaneous analysis as needed
- Coordinate communication between departments regarding inventory movement including packaging, testing, waste and more
- Coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for entire building as needed
- Coordinate with headquarters regarding who is buying, when to buy, when received and invoice approval
- Maintain internal tracking document for all procurement
- Learn various internal Inventory Control Systems including MJ Freeway
- Remain current and knowledgeable about internal inventory software systems and potential options
- Learn and maintain continual awareness and understanding of complete set of specific rules and regulations determined by the law and by the commission
- 5+ years’ experience in CPG
- 3+ years’ management experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check including criminal history check by the State Police and FBI
- Able to obtain an agent badge
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Computer literate and comfortable learning and using new software
- Experience with spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.