Mother Grows Best is a cannabis cultivation and processing facility in Canton, Ohio, and we are looking for a qualified Human Resources Representative to join our team! The Human Resources Representative is responsible for facilitating critical HR functions—such as onboarding, maintenance of employee records, employee and labor relations, benefits, compensation, payroll, training and development, HRIS, and compliance—within their designated cultivation, processing, and retail facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Address employee requests, questions, and concerns.
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintain I-9 records.
- Assist employees with the badging process.
- Perform payroll/benefits-related reconciliations.
- Process paperwork for new hires, terminations, and other status changes.
- Assist with performance review process.
- Assist the Vice President of Human Resources with research and special projects.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Conduct employee safety and onboarding.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- 2 year(s) of human resources experience required.
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS) experience required.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- Must be able to register with the state’s cannabis commissions as an agent.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or relevant field preferred.
- General knowledge of EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, Workers Compensation, DOL, and other federal and state laws and regulations preferred.
- Kronos experience preferred.
- HIPPA experience preferred.
- HRCI and/or SHRM certification is a plus.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Mother Grows Best is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Job Type: Full-time
- HRIS: 1 year (Required)
- human resources: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Canton, OH 44707 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible