Human Resources & Safety Coordinator
The HR/Safety Coordinator assists with full cycle recruitment, organizing, coordinating and executing all human resource projects and processes for the Company. This position supports the HR Manager to oversee issues, implement plans and processes and work on the day-to-day employee issues, including administering pay, benefits and leave, safety experience and knowledge as well as enforcing company policies and practices.
- Assists with the full cycle recruitment, interview and offer process
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Processes payroll and ensures payroll processes are correct; first point of contact for payroll related assistance or questions.
- Assists employees and managers with the administration of leave of absences including FMLA, ADA and the interactive dialogue process; generates communications in accordance with established policy.
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education and licensure, including anti-harassment training, RVT training and state licenses.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Special Projects, assist the HR Manager with organizational training initiatives, assist in the review and update of HR policy and procedures, participate on various committees as assigned and help with data auditing and other compliance needs for business.
- Oversees the administration of employee heath/dental/vison and welfare plans including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the Performance Review process.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- Assists with Company safety program and all safety policies/procedures.
- Highly organized and efficient; skilled at multi-tasking with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly visible role.
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the state of Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by the state of Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant HR experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrated willingness with taking initiative and working independently.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification a plus.
- Safety experience
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
- Occasional travel to dispensaries/manufacturing facility may be required.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Frequently communicates with employees, supervisors and co-workers regarding HR related inquiries. Must be able to exchange absolute information.
- Constant movement and use of hands/fingers and limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to inspect documents and identify errors.
- Occasional lifting, positioning or moving items up to 15 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.