Mother Grows Best is a cannabis cultivation and processing facility in Canton, Ohio, and we are looking for qualified Grow Specialists to join our team! Under the direction of the Grow Manager and Grow Supervisor, the Grow Specialist is responsible for supporting daily cannabis cultivation operations during the life stages of the plant, from vegetation to flower to harvest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute standard operating procedures (SOP) and processes accurately.
- Complete all forms and logs associated with cultivation responsibilities.
- Monitor management, fertilization, insect and disease monitoring, sanitation, and overall plant growth, health, and appearance in the grow rooms.
- Follow plant scheduling and organization to help Grow Manager accurately project all plant needs.
- Catalog and maintain organization of plants from clone-to-harvest using our logging system.
- Work within company continuous improvement system and strive to increase productivity.
- Manage their workload efficiently to meet goals and consistently produce quality product.
- Maintain up-to-date work shift responsibilities on logs and inform Grow Manager of any changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience in a regulated field that adheres to health and safety policies and procedures required.
- Must be able to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be comfortable with heights, soil and water, and tight spaces.
- Must be able to climb, squat, bend, twist, stand for at least 8 hours per day, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- Basic knowledge of plant structure preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Mother Grows Best is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Canton, OH 44707 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply