The General Manager has the integrity, work ethic, intelligence, knowledge, & commitment to oversee the operations of a cannabis dispensary. The General Manager will collaborate with and execute the vision and strategies put forth by the Executive Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support employees and provide whatever resources are necessary to execute the best patient care in the state.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all vendors and suppliers.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses.
- Create staff schedule to ensure adequate coverage for optimal patient care.
- Set policies and processes.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Oversee hiring and training of new employees.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Direct the employee assessment and growth process.
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations.
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, quality issues, etc.)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 21 years of age.
- Possess either a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or a PharmD degree.
- Possess an active Ohio Pharmacist License.
- Pass an FBI/BCI Background check.
- 1-2 years retail management experience required.
- Previous cannabis industry experience or health-care experience is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional patient care and customer service skills.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback/coaching to staff in real time.
- Ability to answer patient questions regarding the different strains of cannabis, their medicinal uses, and methods of consumption.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent cash-handling skills.
- Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to accurately record data.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to work in a fast paced, high-stress environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation.
- Ability to stand, reach, bend, and crouch repetitively, over an extended period of time.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervisor or as part of a team is required.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and manage employees in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to delegate daily tasks
- Knowledge of ORC and OAC 3796
- Knowledge of SOP’s
- Knowledge of safety/security
- Knowledge of marketing
- Knowledge of all equipment in the building and the ability to help adjust or fix when needed
- Desire to stay up on the newest equipment & supplies by reading and researching
- Knowledge of METRC
- Handle high stress situations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- What interests you in this job?
- Retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location