As the Field Marketing Manager for GTI, you will serve as a liaison between the brand and retail teams responsible for amplifying and activating brand and retail strategies at the street, retail and culture level. This role will be responsible for bringing brands to life and supporting retail initiatives on a local and community level. You will be responsible for managing the achievements of results directly related to program objectives, goals and metrics. Primary areas of focus are managing consumer engagement activities with dispensary education channels, event production/execution, building relationships with culture and community groups and the coaching of various teams.
- Conduct strategic planning of consumer and trade activity to optimize reach for the assigned brands. Research and analyze opportunities in designated territory area(s). Identify best opportunities and use discretionary authority and analysis to propose and schedule activity —provide all rationale and strategy to ensure effective communication.
- Manage and guide Brand Ambassadors to develop opportunities and working relationships with assigned accounts for activations, events and consumer and trade engagement activity on the retail and community levels.
- Collaborate with local sales team and retail partners to drive sales, in-market account planning and activation, and commercial target delivery.
- Build and Manage Retail Education programs regarding RISE, GTI products and overall industry.
- Work closely with Brand Ambassadors to achieve program objectives related to focus, performance and reach.
- Achieve all program goals and metrics as outlined. Leverage available channels to drive market goals.
- Identify areas of opportunity, provide constructive feedback and make recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Ability to interact with a diverse consumer audience, clients and agency personnel.
- Complete regular market visits within the assigned territory. Must be available nights, weekends and during regular business hours for in-market administrative tasks, meetings, field audits, consumer engagement activity, events and training.
- Requires active participation in weekly sales meetings via recaps of work already completed and presentation of future plans/programming.
- Flexibility and willingness to be available during non-traditional hours is required.
- College degree preferred or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a related field marketing role.
- A thorough understanding of consumer and trade marketing brand strategies.
- Knowledge of local on- and off-premise cannabis market, including local laws and statutes.
- Negotiation skills and cold-calling experience, specifically as it relates to events and venue access.
- Strong budget management skills with previous budget management and oversight experience.
- Ability to gain and maintain an in-depth understanding of target consumer and market trends
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Compliance with all standard safety requirements and guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Strong organization planning & project management skills
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Ability to travel out of market overnight multiple times throughout the year. Travel up to 30%.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to transport brand assets & conduct events and audits
- Must have strong knowledge of local market