We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Facilities and Maintenance Manager who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This newly created role will work to oversee security, maintenance and services of the cultivation facility to ensure that the needs of the organization and its employees are met. The Facilities and Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, budgeting and scheduling facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. This person should have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Learn the complete functionality of each piece of equipment and system in the facility
- Understand all controls within the facility including security, HVAC, plumbing, electric, fertigation, Johnson Controls (Metasys) and CO2
- Troubleshoot issues with each piece of equipment and system in the building, including knowledge of shut off valves and controls associated with the process
- Oversee all capex projects as needed
- Ensure scales remain calibrated per regulations
- Maintain workspace including proper organization of all tools and department supplies
- Learn the Johnson Controls- Metasys system and all alarms associated with such
- Properly understand maintenance requirements of each piece of equipment and system in the facility
- Oversee proper execution of maintenance contracts as needed with capable sub-contractors
- Oversee all facets of facility maintenance
- Procure all necessary supplies and equipment as directed
- Adhere to specific rules and regulations determined by the law and by the commission
- Work with various departments to ensure entity remains 100% compliant
- Participate in strategic discussions about building, operations, execution, etc.
- Spearhead 5S organizational effectiveness program for the organization
- Be available all times in case of emergency as it relates to the facility and the equipment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to successfully pass a thorough internal and external background check
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Computer literate and comfortable learning and using new software
- Proven experience as a maintenance manager or other managerial roles
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) will be a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion. Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.