Job Title: Extraction Tech
Work Location: Middlefield, OH
Division/Department: Greenleaf Therapeutics
Reports to (Title of Manager): Extraction Manager
Manages Others: No
About Greenleaf: OurGreenleaf Corporate office is in downtown Cleveland, Ohio as one of the largest vertically integrated operators under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are responsible for the complete product journey from seed to sale to provide affordable high-end medical marijuana products and care to Ohioans. Greenleaf will operate our Cultivation/Processing operations out of a state-of-the-art facility located in Middlefield, OH. To complete the product journey, we currently operate five retail dispensaries. Shop locations include Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe. Our locations manage under the nationally acclaimed brand “The Botanist.” Please visit our dispensary website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities: The Extraction Tech will perform processes including but not limited to use of short-chain single alkanes, carbon dioxide, and ethanol as liquid solvents, as well as using a combination of pressure and heat to produce a line of solvent less extracts, the removal of phospholipids, pesticide residuals, heavy metals, plant pigments, and other undesired compounds, producing isomerized cannabinoid products including delta 8 THC,as well as formulating various edible products including but not limited to gummies, lozenges, tinctures, and topicals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using a variety of techniques to extract and refine the medicinal components of the Cannabis plant for the Ohio Medical market.
- Responsible for following and maintaining the inventory tracking system utilizing forms to track and log all extraction inputs and finished extraction products.
- Collect samples to submit for analytical testing.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all lab equipment and placing purchase order requests when replacement parts are needed.
- Proper usage, maintenance and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to: shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, fiskars, scissors, loppers, stools, gloves, rags, and goggles.
- Responsible for following policies & procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with Ohio’s medical marijuana regulations.
- Will work closely with the grow and production team on receiving/preparing biomass and organizing the outgoing workload for packagers.
- Assists in completing other secondary cultivation tasks at the direction of the Extraction Manager according to company needs.
- HS Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of various extraction and refinement methods preferred.
- Lab experience.
- Must be able to follow directions with the upmost precision and accuracy.
- Must bring a positive attitude in the work environment.
Salary Range: $18.00/Hr.
Mandatory Qualifications: The successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extraction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)