Extraction Manager, Medical Cannabis Processing Facility
Lighthouse Sciences is a new state-of-the-art 10,000 square ft. Medical Cannabis Processing facility including a MIPS Kitchen located in Eastlake Ohio, a Mayor and cannabis friendly community. We infuse industry leading technology with science based medical ingenuity to provide safe, innovative, top quality solutions for the medical cannabis industry.
Lighthouse Sciences is looking for an experienced hands-on Extraction Manager to join our small team in Eastlake, Ohio at a newly constructed medical cannabis processing facility. The Extraction Manager is accountable for all aspects of the laboratory operations and employee management and will need to have broad knowledge of and proven experience with systems integration, workplace optimization, compliance/METRC, employee oversight, laboratory operations, product formulations, and quality management systems. The ideal candidate is a detail fanatic, with a proven track record of strong BHO extraction skills and broad experience with producing extractions for vape cartridges, dabbing, lotions, and edibles.
- Provides direction in day-to-day production and activity.
- Oversees activity management for extraction production and work direction to extraction team members.
- Tracks experiments, analyzes data, and determines appropriate recommendations related to new processes, equipment, and products.
- Ensures consistency and efficiency of product through quality control testing and procedures.
- Preparation of equipment and plant materials for extraction.
- Execution of extraction and processing in accordance with state and local standards
- Operation of sophisticated extraction equipment including hydrocarbon and CO2.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment.
- Operating, maintaining, adjusting and repairs to extraction equipment.
- Storing supplies, equipment, and disposal of waste according to guidelines.
- Complete the cleaning and sanitation of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products.
- Ensuring cleanliness and safety of the production area.
- Following all standard operating procedures (SOPs) regarding product creation and lab safety.
- Assist in packaging and labeling of finished products.
- Coordinate with testing laboratory as defined by state guidelines.
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with state and local regulations and testing requirements.
- Manages the hiring, onboarding, and training of new extraction team members, as well as cross-training coordination when needed.
- Work closely with Sales and Delivery team, Packaging department, Aromatherapist, and Extraction team on planning and scheduling and fulfilling quality products.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in chemistry; or equivalent experience such as working in a cannabis processing lab for minimum of 2 years.
- Minimum of 2 years expertise working with extraction equipment with the ability to consistently produce high quality concentrates using good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Experience in extracting for formulation of vape cartridges, gummies, topicals.
- Experience creating various concentrates such as shatter, crumble, diamonds, sauces.
- Familiarity with extraction methods as well as the purification, separation, and isolation of various compounds of cannabis.
- Basic understanding of proper and safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Ability to work quickly without compromising accuracy.
- Flexibility to workdays/evenings/weekends depending on production schedules.
- Ability to discern the quality of plant material and finished products.
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrate accurately and thoroughly in a timely manner to meet quality production standards.
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational, tracking and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to various cannabis strains, styles, and types.
- Collaborate effectively and actively seek and provide feedback.
- Maintain and build upon relationships with team, customers, supply chain and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day, and/or sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53k -58k per year plus performance incentives
- 8–10-hour shift
- One location
- Remote interview process
Related keywords: extraction manager, lab manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Eastlake, OH 44095 (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- BHO extraction: 2 years (Required)
- lab post processing: 2 years (Required)
- edible, and vape pen manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- trim supply chain management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location