One of the Cannabis industry’s largest multi-state operators is hiring a Director of Operations/General Manager for their newly constructed Cleveland, OH campus . This individual will be running daily operations at a brand new state of the art cannabis grow and manufacturing facility and needs to have a solid understanding in production operations and can directly oversee teams leading packaging, manufacturing, etc. Initially, this hire will have 4+ direct reports (Quality Assurance, Safety and Purchasing) and will oversee their manufacturing operations.
An ideal candidate should have 1-3 years’ experience in the Cannabis industry and ideally come from a Manufacturing / Plant Management background in the consumer packaged goods (CPG), Cannabis, or Food Production/Manufacturing industries. Lean manufacturing principles are highly sought after as is any additional automation experience. Candidates who have operated a start-up plant or have start-up experience will thrive in this position.
- Create and improve quality standards and procedures for processing operations
- Implement new policies to increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Manage the daily manufacturing operations including daily targets, best practices, etc.
- Oversee Post-harvest, Packaging, and Manufacturing operations
- Introduce lean manufacturing and/or automation procedures
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar CPG-related position (or in the cannabis / food production industry)
- 1-3+ years’ experience in the Cannabis industry
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Expert-level understanding of post-harvest processing in a large-scale agriculture or plant operation
- Prior experience in a start-up facility or environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Cannabis: 1 year (Required)
- One location