At Standard Wellness, our mission is to create a new standard in the medical marijuana industry for quality, care, innovation, and education. We’re committed to a research-driven, patient-centric approach in all that we do, and we will work to have a lasting, positive impact on our community.
Standard Wellness is seeking a Director of Cultivation to oversee our multi-state operations in medical cannabis cultivation. This is a full-time, exempt position with health benefits, 401(k), and PTO. This position will be based out of Toledo, OH or Salt Lake City, UT.
The Director of Cultivation is responsible for overseeing design and expansion efforts and the operations of cultivation activities for multiple location in accordance with state laws and regulations and standards set by Standard Wellness. Will be proficient in all aspects of cultivation from propagation and mothering to flower, specifically with greenhouse and indoor grow strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures overall plant health by watering, fertilizing, and pruning according to industry best practices at all facilities.
- Implements and oversees all SOPs for cultivation, from propagation to harvest
- Coordinates with the post-harvest team for harvest and curing operations
- Monitors plants throughout the grow process for disease and pest infestations; schedules and orders biological pest controls
- Oversee all cultivation managers and their team schedules, decision making, problems, etc.
- Ensures proper documentation of plants from germination to harvest, including tracking, lot numbers, and application of any product applied to any plant within the cultivation facility
- Ensures compliance with all electronic inventory requirements in METRC and Leaf Logix; coordinates with Inventory Control for proper tagging of plants
- Follows all General Agricultural Practices, General Handling Practices, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Plans and coordinates schedules for cutting, cloning, transplanting, vegetative, and flowering cycles
- Schedules and monitors preventative maintenance for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and general maintenance of the facility
- Coordinates with contractors and vendors on cultivation needs, reviews quotes and estimates, and ensures deadlines are met for completion of projects
- Oversees design and mechanical decisions for all new and upcoming facilities, including expansion of existing facilities.
- Participates in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the Company’s goals and objectives
- Responsible for employee relations, including hiring, discipline, evaluations, and terminations
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma, or the equivalent
- MSO experience in overseeing and managing multiple operations
- MSO experience in designing, planning, outfitting and expanding operations.
- Director level or higher cultivation experience
- Greenhouse or outdoor growing experience as well as indoor
- Proficient in Argus and understands how to utilize mechanical systems for controlling environments
- Problem solver, quick thinker, able to critically think and react on the fly
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in regulated market
- Must be able to pass all background check and licensing requirements as set forth by the Department of Commerce
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Four (4) year degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Botany, or Biology
- Four (4) years of experience in a general gardening production, preferably in a regulated field producing for human consumption
- Combination of education and experience will be considered
Powered by JazzHR