About Greenleaf: Greenleaf is one of the largest vertically integrated operators under Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Control Program. We are responsible for the complete product journey from seed to sale to provide affordable medical marijuana products and care to Ohioans. Greenleaf operates it’s Cultivation/Processing operations out of a state-of-the-art facility located in Middlefield. We currently operate five retail dispensaries in Cleveland, Columbus, Canton, Akron and Wickliffe. Our locations operate under the nationally acclaimed brand The Botanist. For additional company information, please visit our website at www.shopbotanistohio.com.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities: Reporting into the Director of Cultivation & Garden Manager, the Cultivation Technician provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to produce clean, quality medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a passion for horticulture and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. This entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist our growing team in effectively and efficiently cultivating the finest medicine.
- Responsible for the daily care from seed to harvest by implementing daily feeding and care as directed by the Director of Cultivation and Garden Manager.
- Assisting with the completion of cultivation tasks including but not limited to pruning, trimming, cloning, transplanting, and harvesting of the cannabis flower.
- Routine visual inspection of plants to identify any pests, nutrient deficiencies, or diseases.
- Monitoring environmental factors to maximize production and prevent failures.
- Crop propagation to meet inventory requirements as determined by management.
- Maintaining the highest levels of maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation inside the cultivation area and storage of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to: shop vacuums, pumps, hoses, carts, fiskars, scissors, loppers, stools, gloves, rags, and goggles.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year experience in horticulture, botany, or related field preferred
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (ex: trimming plants, pruning plants, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, reaching
- Must be able to work in Greenhouse climate conditions (80+ degrees temperatures)
Mandatory Qualifications: The successful candidate will need to be 21 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Must complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Horticulture : 1 year (Required)
- Middlefield, OH 44062 (Required)
- You must answer all assessment questions below to be considered for the position. Do you understand?