Fluresh is a premium vertically integrated medical cannabis company obsessed with quality and wellness and we seeking a Cultivation Technician for our Adrian, MI. location.
We believe that each individual connection between a patient and cannabis is unique, dynamic and matchless. Our goal is to provide Michigan medical marijuana patients with a growing portfolio of high-quality, premium branded cannabis products that are safe, reliable and trustworthy by combining our customer first focus with deep industry knowledge and state-of-the-art facilities.
Cultivation Technicians report to department supervisors and are responsible for the care of medical marijuana plants during the immature, vegetative, and flowering stages. Cultivation Technicians will execute operations pertaining to plant care such as cloning, pruning, transplanting, up-potting, watering, feeding, ensuring environmental control, and inspecting plants for signs of deficiency or infestation, as well as labeling and tracking plants using METRC tags.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement cultivation practices as indicated by supervisors and managers.
- Maintain the health of immature, vegetative and flowering plants through observation and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure accuracy of plant inventory, including strain names, plant tag numbers, and counts of plants.
- Perform plant maintenance, feedings and irrigation events, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) according to a set schedule and SOP, as determined by the Head of Cultivation.
- Ensure the grow facility is kept free of pests, viruses, or other diseases by preventing contamination through proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and biological controls established within the cultivation SOPs.
- Regularly sanitize tools, equipment, pots and production areas used in the grow facility to ensure sanitary practices.
- Abide by high personal hygiene standards.
- Apply pesticides in a safe and effective manner, wearing appropriate PPE, and after ample training and instruction from the Head of Cultivation.
- Check and record accurate data daily, including but not limited to: pesticide applications, issues found when scouting plants, and any other items required by management.
- Observe and immediately address issues with plants, equipment, or environments.
- Break down and set up plant production areas after harvest, including: sweep all work areas, sanitize crop benches, wash down rooms, and prepare to transplant new crops.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with regard to plant health and traceability, in order to uphold the company’s standard for quality.
- Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity through coordinated workflow and efficient systems.
- Maintain organization and sanitary conditions within the grow facility.
- Assist with post-harvest duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assistant Grower
- Manager of Cultivation
- Vice President, Cultivation and Extraction
- Cultivation Supervisors
- Facilities Coordinator
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Must comply with state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 1-3 years of experience in horticulture, agriculture, and/or marijuana cultivation preferred.
- Energetic team player, willing to take direction and learn new skills.
- Basic strain and plant structure knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of uses and benefits of cannabinoids preferred.
- A combination of the above shall also be considered.
- Long periods of prolonged standing and sitting.
- Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer.
- Ability to observe and assess material that deviates from established company standards.
- Some crouching or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive motions.
- Requires bending and lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Similar to a busy manufacturing facility or warehouse.
- Occasional exposure to loud trim machines (ear protection provided) and extremely bright lights (eye protection provided).
- Occasional weekend or extended hours may be necessary during certain phases of plant production.
- Constant interaction with colleagues.
Fluresh is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Horticulture: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off