We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
Grassroots Cannabis is looking for a Compliance & Training Manager who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative and passionate, able to beat deadlines and find answers when it appears there are none.
This newly created role will work to ensure operations are consistent with applicable laws, regulations, contractual requirements and industry best practices. This person must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards and will be required to continuously monitor accounting and regulatory guidelines as they relate to financial reporting and documentation.
- Conduct compliance gap assessments and generate reports for company executives and others
- Ensure that facilities follow State and local rules, regulations, and ordinances
- Design and implement written compliance programs as warranted throughout the enterprise to prevent, monitor and detect diversion of regulated products, fraud, waste and abuse
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of legal/regulatory and contractual requirements, including monitoring pending legislative and regulatory change
- Initiate, conduct, resolve and document compliance investigations, including the development of corrective action plans; modify standard operating procedure and policies as needed
- Create and maintain documentation systems and processes as needed to collect, track, trend and manage documentation pertaining to compliance notifications, issues, corrective action plans, audit results etc.
- Coordinate and efficiently carry-out state inspections
- Ensure corrective actions are adequate and are timely implemented for all identified compliance deficiencies
- Educate employees on new or modified procedures and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience developing, implementing, and monitoring compliance programs
- 5+ years of compliance-related experience in a regulated industry
- Experience identifying and resolving compliance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret rapidly developing/changing regulations and translate them into SOPs and policies for the organization
- Working knowledge and understanding of regulations pertaining to the medical cannabis industry
- Working proficiency of Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.