I. General Description
Provides manual labor to support the activities and operations of the Cultivation Department while simultaneously abiding by the policies, procedures and operational guidelines set forth in the employee handbook. This position is responsible for all tasks related to the cultivation of cannabis for Ascension BioMedical LLC. This includes but is not limited to the cultivation of the cannabis plant, environmental control, and providing a clean environment suitable for salable product. This position reports directly to the Cultivation Manager.
II. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with the coordination of all grow operations including: Quality Assurance, Potting, Manicuring, Harvesting, and Trimming as well as assuring compliance with local, state, and federal licensing
· Responsible for executing assigned tasks, projects and expectations in accordance with Ascension BioMedical LLC’s mission, vision and goals set forth in the employee handbook
· Responsible for completing assigned work during scheduled shifts, even if it means staying late
· Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers
· Report employee issues or product situations directly to the Cultivation Manager
· Responsible for following all standard operational procedure guidelines, verbal directives and policies when performing specialized tasks
· Preventative maintenance and troubleshooting regarding plant health, pests, mechanical/electrical/structural issues, and providing proper insight to the Cultivation Manager
· Operate and maintain a clean environment, conducive to growing medical cannabis
· On-call during an emergency situation relating to, but not confined to the Cultivation Department
· Understand written and verbal directives
· Basic math
· Ability to work monotonously, tediously and clean for an extended period of time while working with plants under intense lights.
· Ability to work independently for extended periods of time
· Ability to work with others for extended periods of time
· Provide assistance during the construction of items pertaining to cultivation
· Daily cleaning of cultivation areas
· Team Oriented Environment
III. Physical Demands / Working Conditions
· While performing the duties of this job, an employee is required to grasp, lift, walk, stand, talk, hear, see and perform repetitive motions for extended amounts of time
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (very labor intensive)
Other Physical Demands:
· Use hands to handle and/or feel plants, tools and controls
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds (solo) repeatedly throughout the day
· Make supervisor aware of any physical restraints and/or accommodations necessary to complete the task at hand
· Moderate to loud environments
· Work outside in inclement weather
· Fast-paced work environment
IV. Working Situations
· Requires variable hours and some extended hours to meet the needs of the business
· Requires weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed
If currently badged with another facility please state in your cover letter.
Must be 21 years and older.
Must pass a background check through FBI/BCI and approved by State of Ohio.
ABMS LLC is a tobacco free campus.
*Upon hiring, will have to wait approval by the state which could take anywhere from 15-90 days to get badged depending on background check*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Waiting period may apply