GIE Media Inc., a B2B media company serving a wide range of industries, is seeking an Associate Editor to join its award-winning Cannabis Group. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field as well as at least two years of experience in content development. Newspaper or magazine experience is preferred, and experience in B2B is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing original and insightful news stories and features for Cannabis Business Times and Hemp Grower print magazines, and our websites: cannabisbusinesstimes.com, cannabisdispensarymag.com, hempgrower.com
- Editing copy for print and digital products
- Pitching ideas for stories and multimedia packages
- Working with the editorial team to create and deploy enewsletters
- Contributing to the development of industry-leading content and growth of the group
- Working with the editorial team to develop conference sessions for our trade shows and working closely with industry experts on topics, presentations and audience engagement
- Traveling to trade shows, cannabis business site visits and other industry events as needed (approximately two to four times each year)
Individuals selected to join our team will enjoy an entrepreneurial and supportive work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to develop leading products in the high-growth cannabis and hemp markets. These products include: award-winning magazines and websites, newsletters, webinars, social campaigns and more.
Other requirements include: a desire to contribute to a fast-paced and collaborative team, excellent writing and interviewing skills, adaptability, creativity and strong organizational skills.
- Vacation, personal days, sick days and company holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as additional benefits
- Student loan repayment benefit
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid sabbatical leave
- In-office/work at home flexibility
- Company outings and charitable events
This position offers the freedom to be a self-driven worker with the support of a close-knit team operating in one of the fastest growing industries in the United States. GIE Media Inc. and the Cannabis Group take pride in providing team members the right tools for success. An open-door policy from the top down promotes an inclusive work environment that prioritizes professional well-being, happiness and growth.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three published clips to email@example.com.