Greenleaf is a fully integrated cannabis company, with the goal of being the leading innovator in this new and burgeoning industry. The Bookkeeper fulfills an integral transactional and reporting function in the Finance division. This role is responsible for the day-to-day A/P functions and expense reporting to meet the financial obligations of the company. Also, this role will handle Accounts Receivable responsibilities in conjunction with the Accounting Manager.
What you do:
- Process incoming vendor invoices in a third party bill pay system (MineralTree.com).
- Collaborate with Ohio Accounting Manager and Regional Controller for processing vendor payments and employee reimbursements.
- Assist with processing company expense reports.
- Act as go-to person for all staff inquiries regarding Accounts Payable.
- Ensure expense reporting compliance and follow up with staff when necessary.
- Ensure transactions are coded accurately.
- Function as a backup to the financial team regarding general accounting tasks and projects.
- Work to drive A/P process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
What we look for:
- 2-3 years of experience in a professional environment working with accounts payable.
- Experience working with accounting software such Quickbooks preferred.
- Experience with Abacus, Mineral Tree a plus.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or higher preferred.
Work and Environmental conditions:
- This position is primarily based in an office setting. The work pace for this position is a continual fast pace where work is required for up to 3 hours at a time. Low supervision from managers with intermittent prompts. Social interaction with clients, vendors, and team members required frequently.
- This position requires such physical abilities as sitting for long hours at a time for computer and phone work, lifting up to 20 lbs sometimes and carrying items, standing, and walking throughout the Ohio office buildings. Crouching, kneeling, twisting, handling, pulling, pushing, and stooping needed for filing and organizing. Some driving may be required for trips to the post office and banks.
- This position is primarily based in an office setting. The environment in which the job is performed outside a normal office space may include exposure to extreme temperature, noise, heights, or other hazards. All remains the same for any additional requirements for training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Abacus: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Accounts payable
- Expense reports
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place