Fifteen applicants are vying to sell medical marijuana in the region made up of Lake, Geauga and Portage counties.
The majority of those applicants are asking to operate dispensaries in Lake County, according to a list released by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy. Twelve of the fifteen applicants are located in Lake County, none are in Geauga and three are in Portage.
The proposed Lake County locations are:
• 36091-36161 Vine St., Eastlake
• 35742 Vine St., Eastlake
• 1424 E. 337th St., Eastlake
• 1248 High St., Fairport Harbor
• 382 Blackbrook Road, Painesville Township
• 1536 Mentor Ave., Painesville Township
• 29017 Euclid Ave., Wickliffe
• 30011 Euclid Ave., Wickliffe
• 30133 Euclid Ave. Wickliffe (Note: three different applicants submitted applications at this address. One specified units C & D)
• 30509 Euclid Ave., Willowick
Proposed dispensary locations much be at least 500 feet away from schools, churches, public libraries, public playgrounds, public parks and community addiction service provides.
The Ohio Board of Pharmacy has not said when it is expected to issue provisional dispensary licenses. The state program is supposed to begin in September.
Ohio has selected 12 large growers to participate in its medical marijuana program, including Buckeye Relief LLC of Eastlake.